Saturday, July 21, 2012

Some Humble Peons

What does Zorro need (aside from his mask, his horse, his sword and a willing oppressor) most of all? Defenseless bystanders to protect and lots of them. Here are the first, three poor, lowly peons in need of a hero. Though the one the left (that makes me think of a young Charles Bronson) will actually serve as a fighting figure as well, since he's armed with a pistol and knife.

The peons were actually the first minis I did to see if I could manage to paint in this style. It was a bit of a learning curve but they came out well enough for me to try the presidiales (which show some improvement I think). These are Foundry miniatures. For some reason the bases look a bit off, I may have to fix that. I will use the small 20mm bases for the non-combattant figures and the larger 25mm ones for the action figures.




No comments:

Post a Comment